Thursday, March 3, 2011

Path of Shadows

As the thoughts collide inside my head
I feel my sanity going away, hanging by a thread
I feel the pain growing and growing
Pushing me on the edge of life
This narrow path where death lingers to welcome those who cry

Here there is no tunnel of bright light
No angels with white wings
Here there is no god
Here only darkness lies in lengthening
Stretching for miles and miles, stretching forever

When confronted to this never ending absence of light
As my dreams no longer exceed the reach of my hands
I crawl in the dark, scratching the floor
Trying to draw my life further more
But this only enhance the joke
This only makes me realise
That these soul-consuming thoughts will never cease
That I cannot go back
That from now in the deepest chasm my soul will mourn
Only waiting to be taken away by the shadows

So I gently lay down on my back
And stare at the roof, motionless
I can see their hands
Waiting for my eyes to close…

No comments:

Post a Comment